3D Quick Tools : Powerful Tool Design Software
3DQuickPress is a SOLIDWORKS add-on for progressive die design. With a 3D solid model of the part, a 3D strip can be created quickly and easily, and also be communicated clearly throughout the work group using the free SOLIDWORKS eDrawings viewer before further detailing of the die without time wasted.
Powerful Unfold, a feature recognition technology, can handle native SOLIDWORKS sheet metal parts for imported data, and provide a knowledge base for spring back and bend allowance. Form features can save valuable time from die designs and give them more design productivity tasks.
Strip Layout Manager
Strip Layout Manager provides users with intuitive tools to quickly complete the strip simply by drag & drop command with instant graphical feedback.
- Support multiple parts
- Notch punch design
- Split punch
- Mismatch undercuts
- Partial bend
- Insert/Delete stations
- Report on material utilization and center of cutting force
Die Set Design
Die Set Design begins after finishing the strip layout. 3DQuickPress will automatically create all punches defined in the strip design.
- User definable databases
- Automatic hole creation
- Tools for component placement
- Standard components library
- Support compound die and transfer die
PRL assists users to insert home-made components into die sets structure with minimal manual operations.
- Automatic punches & insert creation
- User defined punches and insert creation
- Standard parts & die sets library
- Create all openings in all plates automatically
- Automatic parts recognition to create an accurate BOM
- Sketch tools to assist in creating die openings and inserts
3DQuickForm is a powerful SOLIDWORKS© add-in application for inverse forming simulation. High speed, accuracy, and full associativity with SOLIDWORKS© data are taken into consideration to make 3DQuickForm a production design tool for die designers. Users can either import different types of CAD data or build the die geometries in SOLIDWORKS environment for the forming studies. It helps OEM manufacturers, material suppliers, and die manufacturers to deliver precision tooling in the shortest time and with minimum physical try-outs
The built-in mesher is automatic and allows user adjustment to meet needs in different situations. Tool designers may fully concentrate on the die design processes and virtual try-outs. Simulations are run in project driven manner and support multiple projects; thus streamlining design feasibility study, process simulation, and optimization. Simulation results are displayed to show initial blank shape, different material thickness, and stress/strain distribution. Customizable material database allows designers to test their design with different materials. Fully integrated with SOLIDWORKS©, 3DQuickForm is easy to use and rich in functions.
- Full range of CAD interfaces to read both imported 3D data or native data
- Special modeling tools for cleaning data
- Powerful modeling functions
- Fast & accurate blank shape generation
- Short learning curve
- Get blank contours of parts which cannot be folded/unstamped in traditional ways
- Fully integrated with SOLIDWORKS to allow strip design in fully associative process
- Better communication results in less engineering changes
- Quickly compare multiple solutions for a stamped component
- Handle complex blank shapes and forming features
- Based on ESI technologies in metal forming
- Facilitate the material usage calculation in quotation phase
- Support fixed edges/faces
- Graphical plots of thinning and thickening of materials, stress/strain, etc.
- Report generation
- Customizable material database
- Complete integration with 3DQuickPress providing the blank shapes for die design process
- All features in 3DQuickForm
- Part unfolded to non-planar initial blank
- Symmetrical Boundary Conditions
- Support Flanging
3DQuickMold is a professional plastic mold design solution. The prime objective of developing 3DQuickMold is to solve very complicated plastic mold design problem. 3DQuickMold follows the industrial practices and use the same workflow in mold shops. The ease of use and powerful mold design capabilities have been verified by the early users of 3DQuickMold. With the introduction of 3DQuickMold in the market for less than two years, 3DQuickMold is leading in market acceptance and growth rate in the market. 3DQuickMold makes itself stand out from the competition in the mold splitting functions and the ways it guide mold engineers to complete the design task
- Product Assembly
- Layout Manager
- Mold Base Manager
- Ejector Wizard
- Libraries Manager
- Cooling Wizard
- Slide & Lifter Wizards
- Sub-insert Wizard
- Feed Wizard
- Electrode Wizard
Mold design engineers spend a big ratio of the design time in Splitting Mold. 3DQuickMold combines the experience of mold makers and the powerful modeling functions of SolidWorks and results a very fast and direct mold split feature in the system.
- Support multiple and/or different parts in single cavity
- Support predefined slides & inserts before the mold splitting
- Support swap parts and automatic update of mold structure
3DQuickMold allows mold designers to choose multiple workflows. User may choose top-down or bottom-up approach. Top-down approach allows user to do core and cavity layout, selection of mold structures, before the mold split operation. It aids the generation of bill of materials and facilitate the early purchase planning in the whole design cycle as the result of 3D parametric design. Bottom-up approach will guide user to complete the mold split operation before going to the processes of core and cavity layout, and selection of mold structure. This approach is suitable to very complex mold design. Professional plastic mold design solution should provide automation, and at the same time allows users to adjust and fine tune to handle new mold design. 3DQuickMold provides this flexibility in different stages during the mold design cycle.
3DQuickMold is capable to handle very complicated and complex mold structures with all the details of mold splits, ejectors, cooling channels, and electrodes without scarifying the performance expectation of plastic mold designers. 3DQuickMold customized the SolidWorks environment to achieve this optimized result. Field reports showed that the speed of 3DQuickMold in handling complex mold design is equally good or even better than the most popular plastic mold design solution in the high-end CAD markets.
Today’s requirements for progressive die making are becoming more demanding with higher parts quality, shorter delivery times and more complicated product design. Using the conventional 2D approaches can neither speed up the process nor minimize the engineering errors. 3DQuickStrip is the latest innovation to help metal manufacturers to communicate better with both the buyers and the tooling operations.
Developed on SolidWorks technology, 3DQuickStrip imports different types of 3D data into the system for the unfolding, bending and cutting operations. Fully auto or manual mode can be chosen in the powerful unfold operation. Advanced feature recognition can handle complex sheet metal features. User Assisted Recognition can handle more tricky form features and secure a steady and fast design process. High performance 3D strip layout makes 3DQuickStrip a leader among all the competitors. Users may control the bending sequence by a few mouse-clicks on the Strip Layout Manager. With minimal 3D modeling skill, users can learn how to use 3DQuickStrip in a very short time. 3DQuickStrip can be upgraded and work with other users of 3DQuickPress or smoothly interfaced to user’s existing 2D punch & die design environment.
- Centre of Force in each die block
- Force calculator considering spring and bending forces
- User-Defined Feature for Multiple Stage Forming
- Realistic springback compensation
- Split Bend for flexible strip design
- Swap Parts allows user to handle any complex forming parts which can be modelled in SolidWorks
- Transform Part for multiple stages conventional stamping and transfer dies
- Deep drawing calculator
3DQuickPress, 3DQuickForm, 3DQuickMold and 3DQuickStrip in India